Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cornelia Funke


I'd been wanting to read the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke for ages, so I finally read Inkheart the other day.  While it was good and I'm kinda curious about what happens in the next book, I'm not quite ready to venture into it.

Not trying to making comparisons to Harry Potter, but the main villain Capricorn made Voldemort look nice.  It was rather dark with not many bright, sunshiny spots to lighten the mood.

I thought the premise was VERY creative and not at all what I expected.  And of course, I love any novel that features books (and book preservation) so prominently.

I'm also somewhat curious to see how the movie compares to the book, so maybe I'll rent it.  I just hope they don't make Capricorn REALLY scary.

3 comments:

  1. I read Inkheart several years ago, and, I agree. The premise is extremely creative, but I thought the book took a very long time to tell the story. The movie made it seem like it was all a carnival atmosphere which was a real shame. I haven't read the 2nd book yet, but my daughter has and she really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read this too and I think since I am seeing this here its a sign to get my butt to the bookstore :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- I have not read the books I'm afraid but I can say that the film was pretty good :)
    The film is definitely aimed at kids and not really adults, probably especially not those that have read the books before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin