Thursday, October 8, 2009

Basket for Basket Bingo


The basket bingo is just a few days away and I've been assembling prizes for the "balloon burst". I had a small silver-plated jewelry box and wanted to put it in a basket, but I didn't have one small enough.

So I decided to crochet one using thin fabric strips that I'd unraveled from my rag rug (see my older posts about that adventure).

Anyway, it only took about 1 - 1.5 hours to make this small basket.  The nubby look is 'cos I tied the ends of the strips together instead of gluing them so they stick out.

Also, I braided the handle and tied it to the basket instead of crocheting it.  I'd like to get more decorative, funky handle ideas for baskets (and same for bows).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin