Saturday, August 8, 2009

Laurie Viera Rigler

I didn't get Jane Austen out of my system yet, so I'm reading novels inspired by her fiction. The first is "Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict" by Laurie Viera Rigler. This is the 1st of 2 books in which Courtney (21st-century) and Jane (not Austen - early 19th-century) unknowingly swap bodies and lives.

The 1st one focuses on the early 19th-century swap. I thought the author did a very nice job of showing the difficulties of life then (only bathing once per week, the class system differences and rigidity, etc) while weaving in the romance and the time-travel aspects (reminiscent of "Big").

So yes, as soon the 2nd one is available in our library, I'm going to grab it and devour it. This book should be other half - the 21st-century swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin