Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crochet with Beads & Wire (1st Try)

These are my first clumsy attempts at crocheting with beads, but I learned alot and want to keep experimenting.

The 1st try was crochet thread with beads. I used bead tips to hide the knots and to add the heart charm at one end, and the lobster claw fastener on the other end. Then I realized that I could have crocheted them with the beads, making it MUCH easier.

So I tried that for my next anklet using wire. I used 34 gauge wire, and it was pretty easy to manipulate. I'll definitely use more beads on the next one.

Of the 2, I much prefer the look and feel of the wire. I only tried simple chain stitches on this one, but I'll get more adventurous with single crochets on my next piece.

1 comment:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin