Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pineapples and Licorice

I'm on blood thinners from a blood clot almost 10 years ago, and I didn't know that so many foods, other drugs, and herbs can interact with the blood thinner. After Halloween, I was eating some Good and Plenty candy (the really licorice ones) and then my ProTime number tested really high. I found out from Drugs.com that licorice can act as a blood thinner itself.

Now I wanted to take a bromelain supplement (from pineapples) to help with my joint swelling (probably from playing tennis) and found out that the ingredients can also act as blood thinners. Bummer....

I am in no way affiliated with Drugs.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello Scanner! For more Scanner wisdom by Barbara Sher, go to her publishing site (www.geniuspress.com). FYI: Sher is running her 5-day Scanner retreat in southern France this April, and her first book, Wishcraft, is coming out in a 30th Anniversary edition this March.

    Keep on Scanning!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin