Friday, May 22, 2009

Driving Lessons

I'm passing through one of those parental milestones: my son's learning to drive. So far, he's logged 15 hours (6 have been with a driving instructor). He now has 15 more hours to go before he can take his driver's test.

I think he's doing a great job so far. He knows that I'm a very conservative, cautious driver so he listens carefully and tries not make me nervous. I love it when he makes comments about the other drivers not being considerate ("I wish they'd signal and let me know they're turning") or not driving safely.

Now I just have to wait for the sticker shock when I find out how much his insurance will be !!

1 comment:

  1. My son is getting ready to get his driving permit and it scares the heck out of me. I keep trying to think of way's to keep him from driving but, I know that this is part of growing up and I was there once too. I am just not ready to put him out on the road with all of the crazy drivers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin