Saturday, November 21, 2009

Paula Marantz Cohen

While I was looking for Christmas movies the other night, I stumbled on the P&P movie, so I decided to read "Jane Austen in Scarsdale". It's a modernization of "Persuasion" where Anne is a high school guidance counselor.

Of course it's a love story, but I also enjoyed the whole explanation of the college admissions process that Anne battles for her students. We'll be going through that soon as my son applies to colleges, and I vow to NOT be like many of the parents she describes in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know what grade your son is in, but start NOW LOL! We waited until the very last moment, and that was a mistake. Get your ducks in a row with FAFSA (if you're U.S.) and check out fastweb.com for scholarships and the like. A friend of mine's daughter has a friend who started in his junior year in high school applying for scholarships. By the time he graduated, he'd accumulated $350,000 in free money to go on to college/university! It's never, ever too early to start!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin