Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sally Smith O'Rourke

I'm still reading my last few Jane Austen-inspired novels, and I thought the idea of this one sounded intriguing. In the description, I thought it was going more like A. S. Byatt's "Possession" where the present-day people/scholars go in search of historical letters to prove a love affair really happened.

So I was disappointed with the whole time-travel scenario (I'm not giving anything away by telling you that since it's plastered all over reviews at Amazon.com) and it got too romance-novelly (novelish?) in the end.

But I'm not giving up !! I have a few more of these Austen-inspired novels to read and I'll let you know my opinions after I finish them.

I'm not in any way affiliated with Amazon.com. I just buy alot of books there, like crochet and craft books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin